I did a quick search for full-text search solutions for jekyll (or any static websites). A notable fews have come up in search result:
A quick look at the plugin’s dependency, I give up right away even though I only need that on search page. For the very same reason I opted for jekyll - a static site generator, I want my site to load as fast as possible. Adding a bunch of dependencies like that is against the purpose. I rather go for DuckDuckGo as I’m currently doing.
Dependencies for the jQuery plugin are as follows.
Too bad the service is no longer available.
The most decent service I found so far. You sign up, add your feed URL so that the service can start indexing your website, add jQuery and
tapir.js and you’re good to go.
tapir.js looks like a pretty short and simple js file. Adding jQuery dependency on it, is totally overkill.
Exercise for next week: I’m going to replace DuckDuckGo search with Tapir’s search in a few days once I’m done converting Tapir’s jQuery plugin to a pure js solution.